I thought I'd just bring everyone up to date on the birds we've seen around here. I haven't seen the wild turkeys since last week, that is disappointing. But yesterday Tom told me to look out the front window to see all the robins. There were at least 40 robins in our front yard. I've never seen so many robins together like that. Then about an hour later Tom hollered from the kitchen to ask me what I thought was in the tree. At first, all we could see was something bright red. When it moved, we decided we better take a closer look...so we went to the other door and sure enough it was a pretty good size bird. After it moved around the tree where we could see it better, we decided it was a red headed wookpecker. I'd NEVER seen a red headed woodpecker before. He sure looked like Woody. It was fun to see him! I've also seen cardinals and somekind of blue birds. Each day brings different kinds of birds to our yard. I guess that's a benefit of living down south in the winter? We get to see so many kinds of birds that head back home for the summers.
We hope ya'll are having a great day!
Michele
1 comment:
We had woodpeckers growing up. Not the red headed ones, but they were woodpeckers alright. My dad sure hated them. They would peck at the cedar on the house - he'd always come in swearing with or at his gun after he'd missed em. Fun memories :0)
Post a Comment