I woke up this morning thinking about Abby. I don't know why, just a random thing, I guess. OF course, I started crying. I've never met anyone like Abby... she has the most beautiful smile, huge blue eyes and a wonderful wiggle! I always knew where I stood with Abby. She always greeted me with a huge smile and was ready for me to pick her up. Abby has a wonderful family, but most of them are pretty good at keeping their emotions to themselves. Abby's sister, Clarissa, is a cutie too. Clarissa really likes Tom...so it always worked out well. Tom took care of Clarissa and I took care of Abby...on the days Caleb was at our house, he would quietly play..Caleb was usually quiet unless one of his sisters broke what he was building. I was talking to Clarissa the other day, she always wants to talk to Tom... so I put Tom on the phone and she asked him if she could come to our house. How do you explain to a 3 year old that you have moved far away and you just can't jump in the car and come pick her up? Of course, I miss Matt, Angie, Danny, Jake, Aaron, Caleb & Clarissa too! I miss those (quiet) Sunday family dinners, I miss the homemade rolls, homemade cinammon rolls, all the good food actually. I miss the hours we got to spend with the whole family. Today I'm also missing all those baseball games that will be coming up this summer.
Our new home is way toooo quiet...there are no toys in sight. There is no laughter of small children, no cartoons on the TV, no snack cups sitting around with goldfish in them. Clarissa & Abby would love our new house, I'm thinking I would never know where they are, because there are many places for them to hide here. We have a huge yard for them to play in, a quiet street that we wouldn't have to worry about speeding cars...now we just need the little ones back!
You are probably wondering? It's one of God's greatest mysteries! You can fall in love with a family that isn't even related by blood, marriage or anything like that. The Rogers snuck into our hearts, and they will remain there even though many miles now seperate us.
We do have 4 biological grandsons. They have always lived far away. So we have never got to spend time with them like we did our Michigan grandchildren. I do love my 4 grandsons dearly, and wish I could spend as much time with them as I have our adopted grandchildren. Lane lives in Orlando, so hopefully we will be able to have him spend time with us here in Georgia.
Kacy, Kyler, Lane & Brendan...we DO love you too! And we miss you all very much!
But Today I Miss Abby!
Michele



1 comment:
Okay, are you trying to make me cry too? We miss you guys tons as well. Can we all come play at your house? We love you!! Hugs.
Post a Comment