Sunday is an interesting day. It has sure changed since we moved to Georgia. Not many people knew that we used to spend most Sundays at Matt & Angie's. For many months, we were there every Sunday, unless somone was sick. We always enjoyed fine food and all that was going on with a family of 8. It was a great time. Someone, in their wise wisdom...thought it would be a good idea if we kind of backed off and came 2 times a month. After much discussion, it was mutually agreed that this may be best. This way they could have time to themselves and time for phone calls to other family members. It gave us time to do all the things we needed to get done too. And it gave the guys time to get their home teaching done. All I can say is that I'm glad that we were weaned off of every Sunday. Because it is SO hard to not be able to spend any Sundays with them now. Each Sunday rolls around, and I wonder what wonderful food is cooking for dinner, how each of the children are doing, what game I may be missing. I'm pretty sure Tom misses his naps. How he and Matt could sleep through the rest of us making our noise was way beyond mine and Angie's comprehension, but they knew how to do it. I never did figure out how Matt & Angie both made it look so simple to feed 10 people. Maybe they should open an Restaurant? Anyways, I always had the easy job.... just help clean up! That is something I can handle. One of the greatest things was watching Abby eat. Some of you have had that opportunity. Abby loves her food! She also loved to get it all over everywhere! I know that her brothers don't like cleaning up after her, I don't think I'd like that job full-time. I'm hearing that Abby has learned to eat with a spoon, something else I'm missing. I actually talked to Abby on the phone last night. She was saying WORDS! It's only been 7.5 weeks since we moved, but I guess children grow and change in that short of time. I'm betting those boys have grown 5 inches since we left. When you talk to Clarissa, you'd think you were talking to at least a 5 year old. She pronounces her words so clearly and says the cutest things, she just makes you smile!
Some Sundays found us at my cousins house. On the rare occasion that we weren't at the Roger's, sometimes we got to go to Jenny & Thayne's house to enjoy dinner with them and their children. Jenny is also an awesome cook! We also miss those Sundays that we got to spend time with them.
Then, if there were any Sundays left, we'd be at Richardson's eating dinner. Now I'm sure you all are wondering...Do I know how to cook on Sunday? NO!!!!! We manage to scrounge something up to eat, but it will never match the wonderful food and wonderful people we used to spend our Sundays with.
How I ever lucked out to have such wonderful friends and family, I'll never know. But I'm thankful every day for the times we got to spend with them!
Sundays....like every other day around our home in Georgia, is Quiet! Way to Quiet! Now we have the room to put 10 people in our dining room too! All I need to do is figure out a way to transport 8 people or 15 people or 5 people in the blink of an eye! Where is that darn Genie in a Bottle when you need her?
3 comments:
I know how you feel. I miss the people in MI so much too. For a fleeting moment I even missed the snow! I got over that one fast though!
I miss you too!! I am still amazed how the guys could sleep through all of the "organized" chaos. I miss our chats while playing with the kids. Abby is talking so much. Today we were at the library and the librarian asked how old she was and I said two and Abby quickly told her two as well. Caleb and the librarian started to show her how to hold up her two fingers. She will grow so much in the next few months. I wish you could be here to see it. I will try to do the next best thing, put it on the blog. I really am trying to keep it updated!! =)
I'll bet your Sundays are pretty quiet! We'd love to have you back for dinner anytime!
Jen
Post a Comment